Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My kids think I will scare Jinbao!

Some of you may not know this but a child over the age of 10 has to sign agreeing to the adoption after spending the first 24 hours with the new parents. Matthew and Makenna are afraid I might scare him from signing the papers so they have created a list of things I should not do during the first 24 hours. I guess I do some pretty weird stuff :)
I should not:
1) Stick cheese on my head and say, " Food tastes better when you look into my eyes." (a suggestion in a book on attachment)
2) Sing Guns & Roses like I am in an opera.
3) Breathe in really loud and hold my breath if he coughs.
4) Show my bottom teeth while at the same time crossing my eyes.
5) Act too excited.
6) Hold his hand in public (I do have permission to watch him though).
7) Talk to him like he is a puppy.
8) Use improper grammar when speaking in English (he may develop a habit).
9) Even try to speak Chinese because I sound like a goat.
10) Dance...absolutely no dancing
11) Hug too tight.
12) Laugh high pitched and loud.
13) Pass gas, burp, or vomit but I am allowed to sneeze (not on him)
14) Open my mouth slightly, stare into space and make a high pitched noise (I really don't think I do that!?!?)


Wish me luck, I don't want to mess up!



Thanks for following! Donna

6 comments:

  1. That was BRILLIANT! I would be in dead trouble if that were me as I had Shea pulling my finger on the first day. I used all types of humour to win her over, pillow fights, bodily noises etc whatever the results whether I scared her or not it worked as she is here and so will Jinbao be xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Maybe I should be doing all those things! Little boys (and big boys) are intrigued with fart noises...I learned that at boy scout camp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha!!! That was hilarious! I would LOVE to meet your kids some day. :) Good luck with that. Admittedly, I would have trouble sticking to that entire list myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol....don't you love kids!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is hysterical! I can totally see Makenna doing this! She was always brutally honest with me lol

    ReplyDelete