Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year!

Well we were DTCd on January 5th (dossier to China) but we are still not LID (log in date) so we probably will not be until after the Chinese holiday in which the whole country shuts down and people travel to spend time with their family. Before Christmas I contacted Ann of red thread to send Jinbao a gift. It included a warm jacket, hat, scarf and gloves because it is very cold there, like -20 degrees. It also included a letter, camera and diary type book so he can write down his friends information. The orphanage gave Ann his measurements and he is already 5 feet tall, about an inch and a half taller than Matthew.


Just last week I sent him a gift for Chinese New Year including candies, cookies and some comic books that came with a CD for learning the comic books in English. I hope he enjoys it. I wanted to send a few more items but Ann said the shops were already closing down for the holiday.


I hope I have more news to post after CNY. Thanks for following! Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment